Guidelines for our May 4th Reopening
We hope this message finds you and yours safe and healthy.
We wanted to update you on the plan for reopening our office on Monday, May 4. Our plan is fact driven in accordance with public health officials and government agencies to minimize the health risk to our staff and to you, our loyal patients.
At this time, physical distancing is the “new normal”.
- Therefore, we will be limiting the number of people in our office at one time.
- Please use your car as our extended waiting room.
- Patients must come into the office alone. Minors may be accompanied by one adult and individuals who require special assistance may have one caretaker.
- We will wear masks and require that you wear a mask or cloth face cover, and will ask you to disinfect your hands with sanitizer.
- Our entire staff will wash/sanitize their hands before and after each patient encounter.
- Surfaces, especially high contact areas, will be sanitized frequently.
- Daily wellness checks for our staff will ensure they are healthy and symptom free. Our checklist of COVID-19 symptoms includes: fever, dry cough, muscle aches, loss of taste or smell, and trouble breathing.
- Please call to reschedule your appointment if you, your family or any close contacts have any of these symptoms.
- In order to control the number of people in our building, we ask that you call to schedule an eyeglass or contact lens pick-up and eyeglass adjustments/repairs, for which we can offer curbside service when possible.
- Please call our office from the parking lot when you arrive for any type of service. A staff person will come out to meet you before you can enter the office.
We will continue to monitor all guidelines and make any changes necessary. We are eager to resume serving our community as we have done for the past 26 years, and we kindly thank you for supporting us and our small business in this historic time.
We are excited to see you!